Thursday 21 November 2013

Gnocchi with Bacon and Peas

I should have been born Italian. There are times that I devour Pasta on a daily basis and wish that I had a Nonna to teach me how to make it fresh. So instead I try all the different brands of Pasta I can to find what I like the best. And when it comes to packet Gnocchi, I can't go past Simply Wize.


This dish is based off of a recipe I saw on one of the many cooking shows I watch. I think. I dunno - I watch so many, the original recipe could be so incredibly different -_-



Gnocchi with Bacon and Peas

Ingredients

1 Packet of Pre Made Gnocchi (or whatever Pasta you want)
5 Rashes of Short Cut Bacon, diced
1/2 Cup Frozen (or fresh) Peas
100mL Pouring Cream
Grate Parmesan Cheese

Directions

1. Cook Pasta as per instructions on packet.
2. Meanwhile, fry off the Bacon in a medium sized fry pan.
3. Once the Bacon starts to crisp up, add the peas. Cook until the Peas are fully thawed and warm.
4. Add the cream and stir. Drain the Pasta once cooked and add the the frying pan. Mix until combined.
5. Serve with as much grated Parmesan as you like on top.




No comments:

Post a Comment